We strongly believe everyone should know some first aid. Whether this is a child helping a relative who has passed out, or a passer by who has found an elderly man fallen in the street, or a driver who has stopped to help at a road traffic collision (RTC); the need for first aid knowledge is an essential fact of life. Not everyone likes blood but if they have the knowledge and the ability to tell someone how to apply direct pressure to a laceration, elevate the injury and get the wound dressed that alone can save a life. A child might not be able to put their mum fully in the recovery position but if they know how to ring for help that can save a life. It doesn't have to be complicated.
How much better can it be than to be trained and assessed by the ambulance staff who could answer and respond to your 999 call? Training by experienced paramedics, not first aiders!!
If you want a more practical emphasis to your training then look no further than Vie Medic Services Ltd. Our staff will go through the theory required but put it in a more enjoyable, a more "true to life" format that is easy to understand and therefore easy to apply, if and when the time comes.
We can deliver the following accredited courses:
- QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First aid at Work including Catastrphic Bleeding (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Requalification (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Awawrd in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (RQF)
- QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillation (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work including Catastrphic Bleeding (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Requalification (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- First Aid at Work Annual Refresher (QAR)
- Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher (QAR)
- Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (QAR)
We also have bespoke courses such as:
- Use of Medical Gases
- Healthcare Professional (HCP) Basic Life Support Workshop
- Healthcare Professional (HCP) Medical Emergencies Workshop
- Appointed Persons
- "First Aid For Kids" course 1 (aged 5 - 14)
- "First Aid For Kids" course 2 (aged 8 - 14)
If you would prefer a bespoke course, specifically tailored to your needs, then get in contact with us.
If you are unsure what your first aid requirements are as an employer, please enter your details on our First Aid Calculator and the guide will help you decide.
Please check our calendar below for available courses and dates.